Hefty/Reynolds Consumer Products
Hefty is a leading brand of waste bags, disposable tableware, food storage and freezer bags owned by Reynolds Consumer Products.
- Introducing new products every year is essential for consumer product brands; every marketer knows that “unless you grow, you die.”
- Innovation in the waste bag category is especially tough. Finding new ideas is difficult and consumers are very price sensitive. Consumers don’t want to pay more than they need to for a trash bag that they will use once then throw away. So, whatever new product innovations are launched need to bring clear, demonstrable value.
- The Hefty brand had experienced strong growth in recent years from successful launches of “ultra-strong” and odor control bags, but what would come next? There were no obvious new benefit territories that were ripe for new product innovation, yet the company needed to load its new products pipeline.
- AspireUp was brought in to help Hefty create a roadmap for future innovation. Our work involved several research steps to thoroughly understand brand strengths and internal capabilities, technology and market trends that can be leveraged and, most importantly, the consumer needs and pain points that may provide opportunities for new products.
- We looked for both close-in existing opportunities and new category adjacencies that offer potential. Project outputs included identifying and prioritizing new benefit territories and creating a roadmap for innovation that can be mined for many years. In addition, we developed broad range of new product concepts that offers a pipeline for new future product development exploration.
- The first product to be launched from this work was Hefty Load and Carry contractor bags. This innovative product targets an entirely new segment: building contractors and DIY renovators.
- Hefty Load & Carry bags offers contractors a superior alternative for big project clean up. The waste bag has convenient handles to hang the bag from a nail or doorknob to keep it open for easy loading. Once the bag is loaded, the extra-long flaps tie easily to close the bag. The built-in handles also make it easier to lift and carry the bag once full.
Get In Touch
Phone: (312) 804-9100
© 2020 AspireUp, LLC. All Rights Reserved