Microsoft is one of the world’s largest technology companies, with a stated mission “to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.”
- Microsoft had built a significant share of the online portal market with MSN and looked to significantly expand into online search through the launch of Bing.
- Competition in the online services business had continued to grow as Google, Facebook, and other social media players were vying for consumer engagement.
- AspireUp was asked to assess the current situation and provide counsel on future marketing direction.
- AspireUp conducted a deep dive review of marketing plans, market research studies, and in-market results for Bing and MSN.
- We facilitated a series of strategy workshops with the Microsoft team to review case studies of how other companies approached related marketing decisions and utilized strategy frameworks to evaluate strategy options.
- Our final output was a set of marketing strategy recommendations that have influenced Microsoft’s marketing approach in four areas:
- Overall marketing strategy
- Brand positioning
- Brand architecture
- Advertising campaign direction
Get In Touch
Phone: (312) 804-9100
© 2020 AspireUp, LLC. All Rights Reserved